AUDI PARTNERS WITH UNIVERSAL FOR FSOG MOVIES
Audi partners with Universal Pictures for film adaptation of “Fifty Shades of Grey”
November 14, 2014 | HERNDON, Virginia
Audi vehicles featured throughout the film that will be released on February 13, 2015
Models include Audi R8 V10 Spyder, Audi S8, Audi S7, Audi Q7 TDI and the all-new Audi A3
New “Fifty Shades of Grey” trailer premiered on November 13 and featured the Audi R8 V10 Spyder and Audi S7
Audi of America today announced that the brand will be featured in Universal Pictures and Focus Features’ upcoming film adaptation of the bestselling book from E L James, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” which will be released on February 13, 2015.
With the sequels, “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Fifty Shades Freed,” the books have become a global phenomenon since their release and sold more than 100 million copies worldwide in e-book and print—making it one of the biggest and fastest-selling book series ever. James prominently included Audi throughout her series of novels as the luxury car of choice for her characters Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, making the brand a natural fit for this cultural phenomenon’s film adaptation.
“We are happy to continue our strong partnership with the film industry with this highly-anticipated project, especially after already being part of the bestselling novel,” said Giovanni Perosino, Head of Marketing Communication at AUDI AG.
“It was a natural fit for Audi to be a part of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ as it’s brought to life in theaters,” added Loren Angelo, Director of Marketing for Audi of America. “Audi is a brand that symbolizes performance, technology and modern design. The natural inclusion of our hottest models in this series illustrates how Audi has become truly synonymous with sophisticated luxury.”
Audi vehicles featured in the film include:
– 2014 Audi R8 V10 Spyder quattro® S tronic 5.2L: A thrillseeker’s dream, the R8 V10 Spyder quattro goes from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds with the potential to reach a blistering top speed of up to 195 mph
– 2013 Audi S8 quattro Tiptronic® 4.0L TFSI: Delivers the incomparable luxury of Audi’s A8 flagship sedan combined with the unparalleled performance that defines the Audi brand
– 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI® quattro Tiptronic: With its impressive, carlike handling, the vehicle is functional and comfortable for drivers and passengers alike
– 2013 Audi S7 quattro S tronic 4.0L TFSI: The five-door coupe is more than just striking in aesthetics. Its 4.0 liter engine delivers 420 horsepower, jumping from zero to 60 mph in only 4.5 seconds, providing performance and style
– 2014 Audi A3 S tronic TFSI 1.8L 4-cylinder (EU specification): The new offering in the rapidly-growing entry premium market does not compromise when it comes to design, performance or technology